Wednesday 11 July 2007

Toffee & Chocolate Blondies

I found this recipe on another blog and as soon as I saw the photograph I fell in love. It looked so enticing. And the real thing was even better than I expected. I served it warm with a big dollop of whipped cream on the side.

The recipe from the Desert Candy blog I took it from, asked for American chocolate coated toffee bars. Being in Australia I decided to use Fantales! And I am so pleased that i did.
The thing I love about these blondies is that it can be served warm with whipped cream as a dessert or cold with a coffee as a delicious afternoon treat.

6 tbl butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbl instant espresso
1 tbl hot water
2 eggs
1 tbl vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped chocolate
1/2 cup chopped Fantales
3 tbl Kahlua

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Grease and flour an 8” square baking pan (I lined mine with foil, then grease the foil)

Dissolve the espresso in the hot water in a small bowl and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Add the espresso and the vanilla.

Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Fold in the flour mixture, stirring just until any streaks disappear.
Stir in the chocolate and fantales.

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As soon as you remove them from the oven, use a pastry brush to brush the Kahlua all over the top of the blondies.

Cool completely before cutting into squares.

E.

No comments: