Saturday 21 July 2007

Matchsticks


Marika, who I work with, is often asked to please please please make these for fellow workers and their families! And so I am often blessed that I get to try one or two of them! I have always loved Matchsticks. Balfours have always done my favourite ones. So I decided to make these today. I made them at my parent's house and they were all too pleased to take them off my hands! Mum, who will always buy a Matchstick if she comes across one, said these are the best Matchsticks she has ever had!!! Very light and fluffy. Melt in your mouth!

2 sheets frozen puff pastry, slightly thawed
1 jar good quality strawberry jam
1 tub cream, whipped
2 tbsp icing sugar to add to whipped cream
1 tbsp icing sugar to decorate

Preheat the oven to 200C and line a few baking trays with baking paper.

Cut the puff pastry into small rectangles and place in the oven until puffy and golden.

Remove from the oven and cut in half horizontally.

Spoon strawberry jam onto the bottom of each pastry.

Whip the cream with the icing sugar and pipe a line down each pastry on top of the jam.

Replace the lids and dust with icing sugar.E.

No comments: