Saturday 21 July 2007

Mini Quiche Lorraine

I arrived at my mum and dads to do some packing as I'm finally moving out of the nest, and instead of boxes waiting for me, I had a cook book thrust at me... "I'm going to a function at some footy club tonight and everyone has to bring a plate. Please will you cook me something...?"

So I sat and went through mum's cook book and found these little dynamites! Now, I'm currently on a diet where I can't eat carbs or sugar and it is quite hard to find a recipe that I can eat! But I can eat these by the bucket load! They are so yummy and a breeze to prepare!

4 eggs
1 cup cream
sea salt and cracked pepper
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
250g diced bacon
2 medium onions, chopped
sliced cherry tomatoes to decorate

Preheat oven to 180C.

Fry off the onion on a pan until cooked. Fry off bacon until cooked to your liking.

Place the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and parmesan in a bowl and whisk to combine. Stri through the bacon and onion. Pour the mixture into a mini muffin tray that has been well greased.

Bake for ten minutes or until puffed and golden. Makes 24. E.

No comments: