Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Cherry Chews

I felt like cooking something sweet and I found this recipe online. For the first time ever, I baked something that didn't come with a photograph! So I really wasn't sure what it would turn out like! I had an idea in my head that I could drizzle chocolate over the top, and I suppose you could. But I decided to leave these as they were.

I added extra cherries because I really don't think you can ever have too much of a good thing! They are so gooey and chewy and crunchy! All my favourite textures. Really sweet and flavoursome!
1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup icing sugar mixture
125g butter, melted
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cupdesiccated coconut
150g glace cherries, chopped

Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 16cm x 26cm slab pan and line with non-stick baking paper.
Sift the flours and icing sugar into a bowl. Add the butter and mix until combined. Press into the base of the pan.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Spread over the base. Bake for 35 minutes. Leave to cool then cut into squares to serve.


DaviMack said...

Those look fabulous! Like really thin "coffee cake," almost, but with fruit! Yum!

Culinarily Curious said...

These look sensational. The next time I've got cherries...