Wednesday 18 July 2007

Blue Vein Agnolotti

This is another fabulous dish Sathya kindly bought home with her when she moved back to Australia, after many years living in the UK. I am a huge, to say the least, fan of blue vein cheese. Blue vein is one of the main foods I crave. So when Sathya presented me with this dish, I could have kissed her! It is so simple, but so full of flavour! Perfect for a winters night at home, snuggling on the couch in front of the telly.

1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 tins chopped tomato
1 packet Agnolotti pasta, (I use spinach & ricotta) or your favourite pasta
175g blue vein cheese
175g bacon, chopped and fried
Parmesan to top

In a saucepan, fry off onion until transparent. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for a good forty minutes to cook away the main liquid and leave you with a chunky tomato sauce.
When the sauce is almost ready, cook the pasta. Meanwhile, chop and fry the bacon in a fry pan. Chop the blue vein cheese into 1cm blocks.
Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Add the tomato sauce and the blue vein cheese. Mix and allow the blue vein to begin to melt through the pasta.
Serve and top with the bacon and parmesan cheese.

I'm placing this pasta on a fellow bloggers page, for THE PRESTO PASTA NIGHT ROUNDUPS.

Once Upon A Feast is one of my personal favourite blogs and she has wisely begun collating fabulous pasta dishes, and I believe this one is a great contendor!

You can see it all for yourself at http://www.onceuponafeast.blogspot.com/ and find many other delightful recipes! Pasta and otherwise...

E.

2 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

What a mouthwatering dish. I'm so glad you decided to share with Presto Past Nights. And I'm doubly glad I happened upon it. Next time, and I certainly hope there will be a next time, please drop me an email...ruth@4everykitchen.com

Check back Friday for the roundup.

Anonymous said...

this sounds fabulous - i'm craving blue cheese at the moment and the addition of bacon would be perfect, i think!