Tuesday 17 July 2007

Indiah’s Favourite


I have wonderful little girlfriend called Indiah, who I used to hang out with all the time before I moved to Sydney.

Whenever we were choosing where to go for dinner or what to cook Indiah would scream Spaghetti Bolognese!

It is her absolute favourite.

Now, the first time I had Indiah at my place I asked her what she wanted for dinner and she of course, answered Spaghetti Bolognese. Being brought up vegetarian I had never eaten Spaghetti Bolognese, let alone made it or even seen it made.

My old friend, Google, helped me out and I combined a few recipes and came up with this one.

Thankfully, my gorgeous little Indy loved my Spaghetti Bolognese and said it was one of the best ever, which was proved by her always asking me to make it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as Indiah and I.

2 onions, finely diced
500g mince
2 tins tomatoes
1 tsp honey
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
Salt & Pepper
Glass of red wine

Fry the onions till soft. Add the mince and brown well, making sure to stir well and breaking up any lumps.

Next, add the 2 tins of tomatoes, wine, honey, chilli (more if you like it hot), paprika, oregano, and a fair bit of salt and pepper.

Bring up to heat and allow to simmer, a high-ish simmer, for minimum 30 minutes, stirring regularly. You can do this for an hour or 2 if you have time, like on a lazy, cold, hungover Sunday afternoon.

Season to your taste.

If you have any fresh herbs like basil. rosemary or oregano, chop up a little and stir through. Its not necessary though.

Boil the pasta according to instructions and drain and stir through the sauce and serve with a little parmesan.






Please note I used fettuccine as I didn't have any spaghetti at hand, for all you traditionalists.

S

No comments: