Saturday 21 July 2007

Malteser Slice

I found this recipe online and so many different sites featured it and HIGHLY reccommended it! The thing I love about a slice is that it can take as little as two minutes to make, but they create so much happiness! I havent had one of these as I'm currently on a diet :-( but I was told they are "delectable" by my boyfriend...

225g Maltesers
225g Digestives, finely crushed
3 tablespoons Golden Syrup
100g butter
200g good quality cooking milk chocolate

Line the base of a tray and preheat the oven to 180C.

Melt the butter, golden syrup and chocolate together. (In the microwave will do, 3 minutes on medium, stirring every minute). Stir it together well and quickly add the maltesers and the biscuits. Place in fridge until set. Cut into squares.

E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog today while trawling the internet for a 'malteaser slice' recipe. It'll be a little while before I get to use it (having baked enough cookies to feed the five thousand only yesterday) but I can't wait.

I've also pinched your recipoes for 'love buns', 'potato wedges', 'dutch apple pie' and 'golden syrup dumplings'.

I shall definitely return and check out those curry recipes, my attempts at curry have so far failed and ended up as lentil filled mush. Great archivey blog of recipes!

Anonymous said...

I make this myself using the same recipe, only adding white chocolate to cover - even more delicious if thats possible!