Monday 30 July 2007

Stuffed Chicken

Due to this low carb diet I am on, I am very limited in what i can eat. But I really felt like something yummy for dinner. Marika suggested stuffing a chicken breast with some goodies. After much deliberation it was decided that I would stuff it with Camembert and Pesto! And then wrap it in Prosciutto! Three of my favourite things! God Bless This Diet!

The prosciutto works well at keeping the cheese and pesto inside the chicken. I was very ameteur at my cutting technique as I slit right thru to the bottom of the chicken breast so all the pesto was oozing out, but the prosciutto saved the day and kept it all inside. It was a delicious meal that was relatively simple!

2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp good quality pesto
4 slices (1cm wide) good quality camembert
10 slices thin prosciutto
Knob of butter
Tablespoon olive oil
(Serves 2)

Preheat oven to 200C.

Slice the chicken breast through the centre horizontally. Not completely end to end. Leave about an inch uncut at either end. Marika taught me the trick that if you put the chicken breasts in the freezer for about half an hour before preparing, it is easier to cut and get it right.

Place the pesto and the camembert inside the pocket. Push closed as tighly as you can and wrap 5 strips of prosciutto around each chicken breast, making sure all gaps where cheese or pesto my dribble out are covered.

Melt olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Sear each side of the chicken breast until browned and then place in an oven at 200C for approximately 45 mins. Serve with your favourite vegetables.
E.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This sounds wonderful, and healthy!!

Patricia Scarpin said...

This looks so tasty!