Tuesday 5 June 2007

Easy Kerelan Curry













I had never cooked a curry in my life when i decided to make this one my first, considering it had EASY in the name! And EASY it was!


I bought the spice from the Mistress of Spice Website. And they have certainly become my new best friend.


I adapted the recipe to suit me and I have written down exactly what I did...

3 teaspoons Mistress of Spice Keralan Curry Powder
500g chicken thighs
3 small potatoes
1/2 sweet potato
1 zucchini
600ml lite canned coconut milk
3 teaspoons grated ginger
3 teaspoons grated, minced garlic
2 onions finely chopped
3 red chillies


Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions until soft, add garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes longer. Add the Mistress of Spice Keralan Curry Powder and heat until fragrant.

Then add the meat. Cook until done. Add chopped and peeled vegies.

Pour in the coconut milk, add chillies, if using, and simmer on low heat until sauce is thicker, like a cream. I simmered for probably an hour.

Serve with basmati rice and greek yoghurt.









E.

No comments: