Saturday 23 June 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup

My boy came home feeling a little under the weather on a cold night so I thought id do the romantic thing and make him Chicken Noodle Soup. In the end I pretty much made it up as I went along and it was more of a chicken broth, but we really enjoyed it!

I swapped noodles for pasta though, so I guess its chicken pasta soup.

6 chicken thighs
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh thyme
4 parsley stalks
500ml chicken stock
100g short pasta
1 sachet Chicken seasoning from Two Minute Noodles
Salt and Pepper

Pour the chicken stock and 1500ml water over the chicken thighs, add all vegetables and seasonings and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for one hour.

After one hour, strain the liquid and place back in a pot and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and boil until cooked.
E.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.