Sunday 2 March 2008

The Cheesecake Truck



The Cheesecake Truck is a song by a guy called King Missile who most of us probably know from the song Detachable Penis.

Elly over at Elly says Opa! is running a very cool blogging event closing today called Eat to the Beat.

As soon as I heard about it I had visions of making marshmallow pies from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. However, my oven door was not returned to me in time to do this, so I decided and unbaked blackcurrant cheesecake to match the Cheesecake Truck song would be my next bets option.

This is a super easy cake to make and its very tasty and looks pretty.

Thanks Elly, I look forward to seeing what others created for this event.

Half a packet gingernuts
50g butter, melted
250g Philadelphia cream cheese
1 tin condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tbs jam (I used blackcurrant)
1 tbs water


Crush biscuits in a food processor. Mix in the melted butter and press down in a springform cheesecake tin. Place in fridge.

Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese for a few minutes. Add the condensed milk and beat until it becomes a moussy creamy mix. About 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and mix again. Pour into tin. In a separate bowl, mix the jam and the water so you have a runny consistency. Spoon on top of the cheesecake and swirl through. Place in fridge. It takes a few hours to set.

S

3 comments:

meli said...

mmmmm.... that's the sort of cheesecake my mum makes. but with cornflake crumbs instead of gingernuts. and without the jam (which looks like a v. tasty addition!). the other thing she does is uses both lemon juice and orange juice. but you have to add the lemon juice first otherwise it doesn't set... i may keep this in mind for a planned girl's night in this friday...

the bread rolls and the peanut brittle are seriously impressive, by the way.

Unknown said...

Oooh looks great! I assume gingernuts are what we call gingersnaps in the States? If so, I love using those as crusts too. Thanks for participating. I am not sure if it's good or bad that I don't recall the Detachable Penis song, lol.

Deborah said...

Oooh, this looks amazing!!