Thursday 18 October 2007

Mushroom Curry

A


Whenever I get the opportunity to cook for my parents, without my sisters, I almost always make something with mushrooms, as I know they love them and my sisters hate them. My Dad mentioned a few times, the Palak Paneer I posted recently made his mouth water which I took as a subtle hint that I should make it for them while they were here, so I did, and I made this along side it, as I had to keep up the mushroom tradition and we all love a good mushroom curry. The recipe below is how I made it, but next time I think I would only do half a cup of water as I think it watered it down too much. Or you could go all out and do cream. Mmm.

300 grams button mushrooms, cut into halves)
150 grams oyster mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small piece Ginger, grated
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
Salt
Oil
3 tablespoons yoghurt
Fresh coriander, chopped

Grind/process the ginger, garlic & onion with very little water to a make a smooth paste.

Fry the mushrooms on a hight heat for a few minutes and set aside.

In a pan, fry the ginger, garlic and onion mix in a little oil on low. Add the yoghurt 1 tablespoon at a time, and fry for 2 minutes.

Then add the tomatoes, ground coriander, chilli and salt and fry for a minute.

Add the fried mushrooms and a 3.4 cup of water and stir well.

Lower the heat and allow to thicken.

Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.

S

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I cannot imagine life without mushrooms. Mmmmmmm....

meli said...

Yum! Mushrooms are up there with my top three foods: mushrooms, tomatoes, chocolate (not all at once, though).