Wednesday 12 September 2007

Roast Halloumi Stuffed Capsicums


One of my colleagues mentioned this dish is one of his favourite mid-week dinners and since then I have dying to try it. I don't know if this happens to anyone else though, but somehow halloumi and red capsicums were never in my fridge at the same time to make it.
Finally I got around to and he was right, they were tasty, although I would use a little less balsamic next time.
2 red capsicums, cut in half with seeds and cores removed
180 grams halloumi, diced
4 tbs pine nuts
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
4 tsp pesto
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Rub the inside of the capsicums each with 1 teaspoon of pesto and fill with the diced halloumi.
Pour into each a tablespoon of balsamic and sprinkle with pinenuts.
Put in a tray in the oven for 30 minutes and serve with a green salad.
S

1 comment:

Deborah said...

This combination sounds wonderful!