Monday 24 September 2007

Houmous


Houmous is one of my favourite dips. I discovered that its not one of Tony’s – he says it reminds him of saw dust. I made this on the weekend for friends to nibble on while we waited for dinner.

I thought there was way too much, but it all went and everyone said they loved it (although, that could have been because dinner took a little longer than I expected).

Sorry for the bad photo, I forgot to take a photo before I put it out.

The next morning, as we were walking to the shops, rambling about the night before I said ‘ye, the houmous the yum wasn’t it’ and Tony couldn’t believe it was houmous, so that’s a good sign for you!

400g can of chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
3 tbs of tahini
The juice of 2 lemons
1 tbs of olive oil
Salt


Put the chickpeas, garlic and tahini in a blender and puree a little. Season with salt.

Add the lemon juice and process again until smooth.

Add the olive oil and process for a second more and adjust seasoning to taste.

Serve with whatever you like, I did carrot and celery batons and corn chips. Mmm.

S

No comments: